Israeli forces continue systematic crimes in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt)
(01 – 07 February 2018)
· Israeli forces continued to use excessive force in the oPt
· Two Palestinian civilians were killed in peaceful protests that did not pose any threat to the Israeli soldiers’ life.
· Israeli forces killed Ahmed Jarar in a crime of extra-judicial execution.
– 75 Palestinian civilians, including 17 children, were wounded in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
– 43 of them were hit with live bullets, 27 were hit with rubber bullets, and 5 were hit with tear gas canisters.
· Israeli forces conducted 74 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank and 7 similar ones into Jerusalem.
– 103 civilians, including 18 children and a woman, were arrested.
– 20 of them, including 6 children, were arrested in Jerusalem.
– Two sheds for grazing sheep were demolished during Israeli forces’ military campaigns in Jenin.
· Israeli warplanes targeted a training site in the southern Gaza Strip, but no casualties were reported.
· 15 shooting incidents targeting the Palestinian fishing boats off the Gaza Strip Shore, but no casualties were reported.
· Israeli authorities continued their settlement activities in the West Bank.
– An under-construction house was demolished in Nablus and 4 tents were uprooted and confiscated in Tubas.
– Settlers caused damage to 5 cars and wounded 2 Palestinian civilians.
· Israeli authorities continued to create a Jewish majority in occupied East Jerusalem.
– A house was demolished in Silwan village and classrooms in Abu Nawar Bedouin Community.
· Israeli forces turned the West Bank into cantons and continued to impose the illegal closure on the Gaza Strip for the 11th consecutive year.
– Dozens of temporary checkpoints were established in the West Bank and others were re-established to obstruct the movement of Palestinian civilians.
– 6 Palestinian civilians, including 4 children, were arrested at the checkpoints in the West Bank.
Israeli violations of international law and international humanitarian law in the oPt continued during the reporting period (01 – 07 February 2018).
During the reporting period, Israeli forces killed 3 Palestinians in the West Bank; 2 of them were killed in peaceful protests while the third was killed in a new crime of extra-judicial execution. The Israeli forces also wounded 75 Palestinian civilians, including 17 children, in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Forty three of them were hit with live bullets, 27 were hit with rubber bullets and 5 were hit with tear gas canisters In the Gaza Strip as well, the Israeli forces continued to chase Palestinian fishermen in the Gaza Sea, target border areas and carry out airstrikes against military sites belonging to the Palestinian Armed Groups.
In the West Bank, in a peaceful protest that did not pose any threat to the soldiers’ life, on Saturday, 03 February 2018, Israeli forces killed an 18-year-old Palestinian civilian and wounded 7 others, including 4 children. This happened when Israeli forces moved into Burqin village, west of Jenin, as part of their on-going military operation, which started on 18 January 2018, to search for Ahmed Naser Jarar (22). Ahmed is accused of killing an Israeli Rabbi on 09 January 2018 near “Hafat Gilead” settlement, southwest of Nablus. During the aforementioned operation, the Israeli forces demolished 2 sheds built of tin plates and bricks on an area of 260 square meters and used for grazing sheep. Those 2 sheds belonged to Mustafa and Hasan ‘Atiq.
On Tuesday, 06 February 2018, in a peaceful protest that did not pose any threat to the soldiers’ life, Israeli forces killed a Palestinian civilian in Nablus and wounded 19 others, including 5 children. Ten of them were hit with live bullets, 8 civilians were hit with rubber bullets, and one civilian was hit with a tear gas canister to the face. Doctors in the city hospitals classified the injuries of 4 civilians as serious. This crime was committed when the SIraeli forces moved into the city and surrounded houses belonging to ‘Asif Family ro arrest ‘Abdel Karim ‘Aasi (19) who is accused of killing Rabbi Itmar Bin Gal near “Arayel” settlement, north of Salfit, on 05 February 2018. Meanwhile, dozens of Palestinian youngsters and children gathered to throw stones and empty bottles at the soldiers. The clashes continued until the early dawn.
The full report is available online at: