Jordan on Tuesday slammed Israel for planning to close Bab al-Rahma building, which is located within Al-Aqsa Mosque, the state-run Petra news agency reported.
Jordan’s Minister of State for Media Affairs Mohammad Momani said Jordan strongly condemns the Israeli decision in this regard, adding that Israel should respect international law in this regard.
The move, he said, is in violation of all international laws and conventions.
Momani added that Jordan rejects any Israeli attempts to alter the identity of Al-Aqsa Mosque, stressing that these attempts seek to change the historic situation in the holy site.
“The Israeli plan is very serious and ushers in serious consequences…We urge Israel to go back on this decision immediately,” said the minister.
He also called for honoring all conventions and agreements in this regard.
Early this week, Israeli prosecution asked the Israeli magistrate court in Occupied Jerusalem to issue an order stipulating permanent closure of Bab al-Rahma building, which is located within Al-Aqsa Mosque, at the pretext of being affiliated with Hamas Movement.
The facility had been used as a headquarters for the Heritage Committee which staged many social, cultural and religious events until Israeli forces closed it in 2003 and arrested the Committee’s leader.
(Xinhua)
Palestinian Media Center In Europe Palestinian Media Center In Europe