Israeli forces continue systematic crimes in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt)
(03 – 09 August 2017)
· Ten Palestinian were wounded, including 9 civilians, in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
– Five of them were wounded in the West Bank and 5 others in the Gaza Strip.
· Israeli warplanes targeted two military sites in the northern Gaza Strip.
· Israeli forces conducted 64 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank and a limited one in the Gaza Strip.
– 106 civilians, including 21 children and 4 women, were arrested.
– Thirty-six of them, including 8 children and a woman, were arrested in Jerusalem
· Israeli forces continued efforts to create Jewish majority in occupied Palestinian Jerusalem.
– A house was demolished in al-Mukaber Mount village, south of the city in addition to an under-construction room in Beit Hanina, north of the city.
· Israeli forces continued settlement activities in the West Bank.
– Israeli forces issued 14 demolition notices against facilities, including a private school, in Silwad village, east of Ramallah.
– Dozens of settlers attacked Palestinian houses in Jaber neighbourhood in Hebron.
· Israeli forces continued to target the Palestinian fishermen in the Gaza Strip Sea.
– Israeli navy forces opened fire 6 times at fishing boats in the northern Gaza Strip. Neither casualties nor material damage were reported.
· Israeli forces turned the West Bank into cantons and continued to impose the illegal closure on the Gaza Strip for the 10th year.
– Dozens of temporary checkpoints were established in the West Bank and others were re-established to obstruct the movement of Palestinian civilians.
– Three Palestinian civilians were arrested at the military checkpoints in the West Bank.
Israeli violations of international law and international humanitarian law in the oPt continued during the reporting period (03 -09 August 2017).
During the reporting period, Israeli forces wounded 10 Palestinian civilians, including 9 civilians in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Five of them were in the West Bank while the 5 others were wounded in the Gaza Strip. Meanwhile, Israeli forces in the Gaza Strip continued to chase the Palestinian fishermen in the sea. Israeli warplanes carried out airstrikes against military training sites belonging to the Palestinian armed groups.
In the West Bank, on 28 July 2017, Israeli forces wounded 5 Palestinian civilians. Three of them were hit with metal bullets during Kafr Qaddoum weekly demonstration, northeast of Qalqilya, in protest against the closure of the eastern entrance to the village with an iron gate. The 2 others were hit with bullets when the Israeli forces raided Dheisheh refugee camp, south of Bethlehem, to arrest them.
In the Gaza Strip, border areas witnessed protests against the continued and unjust closures imposed on the Gaza population. The Israeli forces used force against the participants. Due to the shooting used to disperse the protestors, 4 Palestinian civilians were wounded; 2 of them with live bullets while the other 2 with tear gas canisters and sound bombs that directly hit them.
In the context of airstrikes, on 09 august 2017, Israeli warplanes targeted in separate air strikes a military training site and checkpoint belonging to Al-Qassam Brigades (the military wing of Hamas Movement) in the northern Gaza Strip. The first airstrike resulted in the injury of a Member of Palestinian armed groups with shrapnel to the head. The 2 airstrikes caused damage to the site and checkpoint.
Concerning attacks on fishermen, on 04 August 2017, Israeli gunboats sporadically opened fire at the Palestinian fishermen, northwest of Beit Lahia village, north of the Gaza Strip, and chased them. Similar attacks recurred against the Palestinian fishing boats in the same area on 05, 07 and 08 August 2017.
The full report is available online at: